Since the big lay off on Tuesday, I knew I had to completely over haul my eating habits and budget considering at one point I was eating all three meals out at restaurants! That is certainly not going to cut it considering my current financial state. So I knew grocery shopping was completely a necessity. I went to Whole Food’s which I know people consider super expensive, but I told myself I would keep my purchases to absolute necessities and spend $40 and under.
I spotted freshly made rotisserie chickens and figured I could definitely make that my main protein for the rest of the week. I purchased one smokey chili chipotle chicken for $9.99, which was 2.19 lb, and came up with 5 different ways to eat and enjoy it, mostly using stuff I already had on hand. Check it out-
1. Chicken Caesar Salad: chopped romaine, 1 serving croutons (5 or 6), crushed black pepper, parmesan cheese, the meat from one drum and wing chopped, and 2 tablespoons of Ken’s creamy Caesar dressing
2. Chicken Fajita Quesadilla – extra meat around wings/drums/ breasts chopped with sautéed peppers and onions and then put between two small tortillas with Mexican shredded cheese and cooked in a sauté pan before cutting up and serving with salsa and sour cream
3. Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes – a vine ripe tomato with the top cut off and the insides scooped out and filled with rotisserie chicken breast chopped finely and mixed with light mayo and diced celery, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and served over lettuce leaves
4. BBQ Chicken Southwest Salad – warmed chicken breast tossed in BBQ sauce and served over chopped lettuce, tomato, red onions, corn, and black beans and served with light ranch on the side
5. Buffalo Chicken Topped Potato- other drum and wing meat used for this recipe (which I made for one) featuring cheese, sour cream, and more. So good and extremely filling. A whole new way to think about meat and potatoes.
Question: What is your favorite way to eat rotisserie chicken?