Memorial Day equals summer and summer equals burgers! So what better time to post a recipe for the Ironwood Burger aka the iBURGER from PGA National Resort & Spa iBAR and Ironwood Steak and Seafood restaurant. They also have an upcoming burger-centric event for those in the Palm Beach area or for anyone that wants an excuse to be in South Florida in a month.
The ‘Craft Beer Festival & Burger Bash’ will feature celebrity chefs, culinary demonstrations and seminars, a beer garden with 50 different beers, sliders, and live entertainment. And let’s not forget about their ‘King of All Burgers’ contest. The event will be held on Saturday June 16, 2012, from noon to 4 p.m.
Tickets are $35 in advance or $40 at the door and can be purchased online at Event Brite, with proceeds to benefit the Surfrider Foundation Palm Beach County Chapter. They even have a deal going on, the “Stay the Night” special, with low rates of $99 for accommodations at PGA National Resort (call 855.230.3523 for reservations). Check out the PGA Resort website for additional info and you can make the burger at home with the recipe below:
- 12 oz ground beef brisket
- 12 oz ground Chuck
- 8 oz ground short rib
- 8 oz au poivre sauce
- 8 slices nueske bacon
- 4 brioche buns
- Garlic butter
- Bibb Lettuce
- Tomato, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Preheat a griddle to medium high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef until blended; season with salt and pepper. Separate into four balls and flatten into 1” thick patties.
- Place patties on hot griddle, cooking for approximately three minutes per side for medium-rare, four minutes per side for medium; pour 2 oz au poivre over burgers, allow to soak in, 30 seconds
- Top burgers with 2 slices bacon.
- Butter buns with garlic butter and toast on
- Layer bottom bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onion before adding the burger and top bun from the grill. Serve immediately.